Monday, September 21, 2009

Blind

(tools: watercolor, gouache, white gel pen, black copic brush pen)


Supposed to illustrate a quote. I used this one from House of Leaves:

"I will become, have become, a creature unstirred by history, no longer moved by the present, just hungry, blind and at long last filled of mindless wrath."

The red parts are what I left out...accidentally. I JUST SAW IT RIGHT NOW SIGH. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT LOLLLL. I should have double-checked before turning it in. OH WELL. TT_TT....I think I was doing this around 1:30 AM-5:30 AM on the day it was due. I don't know why it took so long.... I think I was distracted a lot and I'm naturally slow....sigh.

Honestly I've never read this book so it's just purely from the quote....

Also, originally I didn't want to include the part of the quote before the word 'BLIND'... but my teacher told me it wouldn't make as much sense without it..... but I ended up hiding it anyway?! SIGH. Actually I think it's more readable in real life.... Well people seemed to be able to.... Critique was okay... I wish we did it before turning the work in....though....so I could actually make this somewhat better after listening to suggestions and stuff.


close-up:

process (going backwards):



This was my thumbnail sketched....that I messed with in photoshop a bit...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment